MyHealth Africa is a fast-growing Healthtech company transforming how patients access healthcare services in Africa and internationally. We recently won Best Healthtech company in Africa for 2022 by the Global Startup Awards.
We are seeking a full-time creative and motivated social media maestro to join our team.
Working as the Social Media Specialist, you will be tasked with building and managing MHA and its respective affiliates' online brand presence as well as implementing its online social media marketing strategies.
You will work with and report to the Head of Growth Marketing, from our office in Westlands, Nairobi.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Generate, design, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images & video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to act across MHA's existing and upcoming social media platforms.
- Set up and optimize MHA & its founder's pages within each platform to increase their social presence.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each platform's community.
- Create and schedule content calendars.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Collaborate with team members and other departments (client coordinators, product) to manage online brand reputation, identify key players, and coordinate actions.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media trends, best practices, and technologies.
- Monitor online reputation and customer engagement and suggest content optimization to improve MHA’s brand sentiment.
- Improve our network by interacting with industry professionals and influencers via social media.
- Create visually appealing presentations for the marketing department.
- Organization, coverage, and coordination of online events.
- Work with copywriters to ensure content is informative and appealing.
- Proven work experience in the social media marketing or digital media field.
- Competency with relevant graphic design and video editing tools e.g., Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Creativity and graphic design skills.
- Self-Starter with the ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication skills.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Knowledge of online marketing and a good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Fluency in English (Kiswahili is also highly preferred).
- Ability to produce original ideas.