MyHealth Africa is a fast-growing Healthtech company transforming how patients access healthcare services in Africa and internationally. We recently won Best Healthtech company in Africa for 2022 by the Global Startup Awards.
We are looking for a customer-focused Patient Support Specialist that is hardworking and ambitious to help us become a leading medical treatment facilitator globally.
If you are hardworking, have exceptional customer service skills, critical thinking and are willing to ensure you go the extra distance to help our patients when they are seeking medical treatment locally, regionally and overseas, we want to hear from you.
The Patient Support Specialist will be responsible for engaging with clients in French to help them through all stages of the medical treatment process – from initial enquiry to helping organize the client’s return home after treatment.
This position requires someone who reads and writes fluently in French, cares for our clients, has exceptional customer service and communication skills, excellent writing skills and a willingness to take care of our clients through all stages of their medical treatment.
The position would be suitable for someone with experience working in a hospital in a customer service role or someone who has worked in a travel agency or in a sales role and a strong willingness to learn about medical facilitation and medical conditions, as well as provide our clients exceptional customer service.
Candidates must be able to read and write in French.
This is a unique role to join a fast-growing and high-impact company as we start our rapid expansion across Africa.
- Engage with new patients to answer questions on our partner medical facilities, in Kenya, across Africa and internationally in French.
- Coordinate with our partner hospitals and doctors to get information on the patient’s medical condition, treatment options, cost and length of treatment, as well as get answers to any other questions that patients may have.
- Assist new patients to visit our partner medical facilities.
- Book accommodation and help the patient obtain a visa if required.
- Coordinate with our patients during their treatment to ensure that they are well looked after during their treatment.
- Follow up with past patients.
- You must be ok working on Sundays and some public holidays.
- Any other tasks assigned.
- Fluent in speaking and writing French.
- Between 1-4 years of experience working in a hospital, travel agency or another customer-focused position dealing directly with customers or patients.
- Experience managing your own clients or patients is a strong advantage.
- A strong desire to learn about medical conditions, treatment options and advanced medical equipment to be able to explain this to people who contact us - just in a basic way, as we do not provide medical advice.
- A strong desire to provide exceptional customer service to all our patients is essential.
- Good selling skills are important.
- Excellent communication and English writing skills are a must.
- Ability to speak and write in a second language is a big advantage (Somali, Arabic or Portuguese).
- A desire to encourage new patients to use our services and help coordinate everything to ensure that they have a helping hand while they go for their medical treatment.
- A wiliness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Computer literate – strong Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and other software skills.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- A team player and willing to put in long hours.
Benefits of this job
Application deadline: TBA